Real time Vessel Tracking?
Is that possible? VesselFinder (vessel tracking website) offer to users the possibility to track a vessel for free, live. The new version of the site has been launched with OpenStreetMap interface, simple and easy for use.
Live AIS tracking place where you can find the ship, port, maritime news you are looking for. Free service, no registration required in the new version of the site, fast interface and simple navigation. Modified simple map with small icons for the positions of the ships.
– Vessel search by Name, IMO number, MMSI. Quickly you can type in the bar the information you are looking for.
– Vessels database. Information for 160 000 ships, Name, Imo, Type, Destination etc.
– Ship positions, track and history.
– Latest maritime news about piracy, accidents, finance, curious things.
– PORT database.
– Gallery with ship photos.
– Nice, simple design with easy to use interface.
Here is an example for data provided by the AIS technology for container ship AS CYPRIA.
Data is collected from Automatic Identification System (AIS) transmissions. Automatic tracking system is in purpose for identifying the ecat position of the ships, showing their current location, speed, type, movement. This system is created for avoiding vessel collisions for water transport.
For showing the ships on a single place friendly for humans, it is needed information about the ship transmitted signal (appropriate format, AIS) and a map for this information to be displayed.
The website is continuously expanding the coverage, the database of the vessels and ports.
If you are a user looking for vessel tracking on the web you will be on the right place. Vessel Finder is simple, with nice design, light, fast and will not waste your time in vessel tracking.